…lost and gained some
- Lost weight as the winters wrapped into spring, but gained weight in summers. Thanks to fresh, delicious home cooked meals, and my love for sweets. My winter metabolism leans towards losing weight and summer metabolism towards gaining. Yes, I’m one-of-a-kind ! 😉
- Lost myself to the bountiful nature that grows and flourishes boundlessly around us, despite all odds; all credits to my work profile and my walk buddies. Gained new experiences and fresh learnings from nature, wild life and the forests.
- Shed some more of the pain related to my mother’s loss in 2018. Gained life lessons from being on an NDTV talk show with Lisa Ray this year, and reading her memoir Close to the Bone – her journey beyond cancer.
- Lost the baggages that came from my conditioning; the past, or the world’s belief systems at large. Gained so much by re-learning Reiki, a beautiful module for healing, from a lovely person. Also continued practising Buddhism, (despite wanting to quit at one point). Buddhism helps me power through life’s little challenges and is my antidote to joy.
I look forward to the next six months of 2019, with anticipation, hope and a heart that is grateful for all the challenges. After all challenges are my stepping stone to transformation and a new me.
The next six months I shall:
- Stick to mindful living.
- Stick to mindful eating. I shall be breaking my “summer-winter” pattern by sticking to a healthier, local, no processed and low sugar diet that is sustainable.
- Blog more often. My fever and sinus headache dimmed out, thanks to Zombie Blog Hop.
- Walk, cycle and practise Yoga as diligently as I have been off late.
- Give 100% to my job.
- Read this wonderful book recommended by Damyanti, Writing Tools: Roy Peter Clark, as I have had to put my dream of signing up for a creative writing course on hold, once again.
- Balance my time between family, friends, work and Buddhism, wisely.
- Interact with people from a place of wisdom, and using a compassionate voice.
I think I’m sorted for the next six months. What do you say? How is 2019 looking for you? Are you planning on pushing your limits and working on making up for what you couldn’t, in the first six months? Or are you just taking each day as it comes? I personally love the “Let it be” mantra too.
This truly was a Zombie blog hop! I woke up to the fact that my post was scheduled for today, only around 8, this evening. I was merrily sitting on my butt, nursing my fever and headache, thinking it was for the next Wednesday. When life throws such interesting curve balls, slip and slide and nail your destination. I nailed two. Got my #WW post out too. :)) I’m a happy bunny!
Our linky is now live for all your smashing #WordlessWednesday posts.
New to #WordlessWednesday, but would like to join the fun? Here’s how you can join Esha and me. Just follow our three easy steps:
- Post a picture on your blog that speaks for itself. It could be from your adventures, experiments, life’s quirky moments, travels or just plain random shots. Absolutely anything that stoked your being.
- Add our badge to your post and add a backlink to our posts.
- We’d love it if you read, comment and share all the posts linked here.
See you on the other side of the frame.
THIS POST IS Also a PART OF WRITE TRIBE EVENT–24 BLOGGERS Talk ABOUT THE FIRST HALF OF 2019 IN THEIR UNIQUE WAYS, FROM THE 17TH TO THE 19TH JUNE. I RECEIVED THIS TAG FROM NITIKA AND AM PASSING IT ON TO Apeksha. CHECK THEM ALL OUT IN THE LINKY LIST, AND DROP IN WITH YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT 2019!