“Never be afraid of who you are.”
– Rey, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Rey Speaks, “Star Wars: The Rise of the Skywalker”
Rey is a fictional character in the Star Wars franchise and the main protagonist of the sequel film trilogy. She was created by Lawrence Kasdan, J.J. Abrams, and Michael Arndt for The Force Awakens (2015), the first installment of the trilogy, and is portrayed by Daisy Ridley. (Credits: Wikipedia)
Rey is a Jakku scavenger, a survivor toughened by life on a harsh desert planet. When the fugitive droid BB-8 appeals to her for help, Rey finds herself drawn into a galaxy-spanning conflict. Despite dismissing herself as ‘no one,’ she learns that her life is being shaped by the mysterious power of the Force. (Credits: StarWars database)
My Takeaways from Rey:
I’ve never been a “Star Wars person”, but belong to a family of Star Wars buffs. The DH and my older baby girl are not just mere fans, but Star Wars is their religion. I get that, even though I don’t understand most of it.
But the bits I do get, have me blown away, especially this incredible quote I’ve mentioned above by Rey. I was fascinated by the portrayal of Rey’s character, and see parts of myself in her. Won’t divulge more details, and will let you go watch the flim, if you still haven’t.
I partly wish I could have sat through “The Rise of the Skywalker” and not stepped out half way. But then some situations are critical, need us to be present, and they must outweigh our choices. Standing by the older baby girl who was going for a protest, at a time when our nation has been crumbling under the pressure of intolerance and fascism, was a good decision.
Having said that, Rey reminds me of all the protestors who have been withstanding the harsh consequences, braving the chilly winters and yet standing steadfast in their resolve, to fight for their rights and the ones that were given to us.
Rey brings me an inch closer to my “Word of the Year”, which I will be revealing soon.
Are you a Star Wars fan? Have you watched “The Rise of the Skywalker” or the Star Wars series? Did Rey’s character speak to you? How about the other characters? I love Chewy (Chewbacca) too; reminds me of my Laila Bear.
#WordlessWednesday hosted by Esha and yours truly is a weekly blog hop.
Care to join in ? Here’s how you can:
- Post a picture on your blog. It could be from life’s wondrous or wicked moments, your wanderlust days, or simple random shots that caught your fancy, or not.
- And make your post as wordless or wordy as you wish to. Well, we are guessing now you know why we sometimes call ourselves “not-so-wordless Wednesday” too!
- Add our badge to your post and a backlink to our posts. Give our new badge some blog love, will you? Esha worked painstakingly to put it together. Thank you my lovely co-host.
- We’d love you to read, comment and share the posts linked here and connect with some fascinating bloggers.
Get ready to be deliciously framed!😊
Have a gratifying #WW!