“Raindrops keep falling on my head
But that doesn’t mean my eyes will soon be turning red
Crying’s not for me
‘Cause I’m never gonna stop the rain by complaining
Because I’m free
Nothing’s worrying meIt won’t be long till happiness steps up to greet me”– B.J. Thomas(7 August, 1942 – 29 May, 2021)
The Lyrics. This endearing score was also my ringtone a few moons ago.
The B.J. version. <3
Rain Drops Keep Fallin’ on my Head
Our generation grew up listening to legends like B.J Thomas a.k.a Billy Joe Thomas
I’m sharing the most popular score by him. Simply because “Raindrops Keep Fallin’ on My Head” is my story as a kid. One who did not enjoy the rains at all. Those huge droplets would come pelting on my glasses, as I rode my bicycle to school. This blurred my vision and would want to make me cry.
The adult version of me loves the rains. Though it gives me allergies galore, but I continue to romance it knowing some day it will succumb to my charms. 😉
Have you noticed the synchronicity between my rain picture and the day B.J. Thomas was born?
I just found out! Woah!
Eulogy to our ‘Butch Cassidy’
It’s synchronous that I was listening to “Raindrops…” on a loop the last few days.
On another note, this endearing song was a special part of the ‘Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid‘, starring Robert Redford and Paul Newman. Who wouldn’t know?
Written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David, it brought B.J. Thomas an Oscar, while leaving an indelible imprint on our souls.
R.I.P, B.J., cradled in almighty’s arms as the heavens shower you with a cosmic rain of love.
As a tribute I am opening this linky a day in advance. Monday it is! Let’s stream the music early.
Rain showers of love, gratitude and joy my friends.♥♥
Natasha Serenity Sinha
Side note: This piece was inspired by John Holton’s tribute to B.J. on Sound of One Hand Typing.
Here’s how you can join:
- #WW is an alternate week linky party and goes live 1st and 3rd Tuesday evening IST, every month.
- Post pictures on your blog from life’s wondrous or wicked moments. Plug in the lessons (#WednesdayWisdom) and humour. Share your wanderlust moments, or simple random shots that caught your fancy, or not!
- Make your post as wordless, or wordy as you wish to. Yes, we are rule breakers!
- There is a linky widget below where you can drop in your links. The linky is open for 2 weeks.
- Link up multiple posts if you please.
- Add the badge to your post and don’t forget to add a backlink to my post.
- Don’t miss the opportunity of connecting with a fascinating bunch of bloggers/creators from across the globe.
You have ample time to hop in and link up right up till Monday, 31 April .
Get ready to be deliciously framed!
The next edition goes live on Tuesday, 15th June, evening IST.
Have a fabulous #WW!
Linking up with a bunch of fantastic peeps from the blogosphere who host #WW
Also linking up with Trent for his weekly Smiles.