“Earth” without “Art” is just “eh”.
– Demetri Martin
The Artist’s Way
Nature is the biggest artist of all. Have you noticed the countless colours, designs, patterns, shapes, sizes it keeps showcasing in the form of its infinite inhabitants?
The multiple imageries and beings it puts forth to us is fascinating to say the least. No wonder: “Mother Earth is “eh” without her art.”
The monsoons arrived a forth night ago; finally. The petulant Summer had no other choice but to beat a retreat. As I put together this post, the skies are overcast and threatening to rain anytime now. It was a blessing to wake up to not just the pitter-patter of the rain, but the sounds of a heavy, gushing downpour.
I went for a short morning walk; soaking in the blessings of the gentle drizzle.
The only thing I prayed for as I walked today was that may the rains be kind to the inhabitants of this urban dwelling and keep them safe. The last time, I heard, an auto-rickshaw driver lost his life to a water-logged underpass.
The verdure landscape was soaking in the blessings. The birds hiding amidst the branches and bushes were chirping a melodious, joy song.
Our terrace and balconies of plants drenched in the rain showers, awash with the glorious blessings; are now nodding their heads in approval, as I type this.
A rainy day calls for Khichdi, one of my favourite comfort meals. It’s a one pot meal of lentils and rice, topped with loads of vegetables and simmered in a blend of Indian spices. Khichdi is like an everlasting, warm hug on a rainy day.
The “Artist” sure has a way of painting these delightful moments every single day. We are given this gift to watch the strokes of the paint brush at work, and open our eyes and heart; to embrace the abundance that flows.
Crediting the title of the post to none other than Julia Cameroon’s life-changing book, The Artist’s Way.
Wrapping up with a gentle reminder – “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong, along with a few spoken words from him, for people who might sometimes question this delightful song. (I have in the distant past, so I know that feeling!)
Warmest hugs amigos and amigas. <3
Be well, be joyous, and don’t forget to count the blessings galore.
The Artist watches over you. 🙂
Here’s how you can join:
- #WW is an alternate week linky party and goes live alternate Tuesday evenings, IST, each month.
- Post pictures on your blog from life’s wondrous or wicked moments. Plug in the lessons (#WednesdayWisdom) and humour. Share your wanderlust moments, or simple random shots that caught your fancy, or not!
- Make your post as wordless, or wordy as you wish to. Yes, we are rule breakers!
- There is a linky widget below where you can drop in your links. The linky is open for 2 weeks.
- Link up multiple posts if you please.
- Add the badge to your post and don’t forget to add a backlink to my post.
- Don’t miss the opportunity of connecting with a fascinating bunch of bloggers/creators from across the globe.
You have ample time to hop in and link up right up till Monday, 9th August.
Get ready to be deliciously framed!
The next edition goes live on Tuesday, 10th August, evening IST.
Have a fabulous #WW.
Linking up with a bunch of fantastic peeps from the blogosphere who host #WW
Also linking up with Trent for his weekly Smiles
And Skyley’s Sky Watch